Tuesday, August 11, 2015


          10 Ways Teachers Can Rejuvenate and Reenergize

           Welcome back to the hardest working segment of our population-----our teachers.
 Wishing you and your students an awesome year!

PART 1
After a long hiatus from blogging (actually, I barely got my feet wet), I decided my first post would focus on things you can do while at school to help you stay calm and keep teaching. During the past few years my family has endured some major, life-threatening illnesses like heart disease (mother & brother), Alzheimer's (dad), stroke / diabetes (brothers). I realize now more than ever the importance of good health.

Let's face it and be real! Teaching can be quite draining and demanding. Each day is different, and you never know what to expect. It's important for you to stay healthy for yourself,  your family, and your students. Ok.....so let's get to it. Here are ten ways you can rejuvenate and reenergize.

1. Affirmations - Words have incredible power, and so do affirmations. Affirmations are short, positive statements that affirm who you are, who you want to become, or what you want to experience. They can really inspire and motivate you. Memorize as many as possible so that when those challenging moments arise, you will have some readily available. This is one way you can speak into your own life whatever you want to manifest. The affirmations you choose must resonate with you. Here are a few of my favorites. I am looking forward to something wonderful happening today! My whole body is completely restored to health and harmony. I choose to experience peace and joy today. I'm feeling better and better every day.

2. Corner of Beauty - Having a small area on the wall for pictures was a saving grace for me. I could quickly glance at them if I was having one of those days. Designate a small section of your wall for some beauty, some joy, and some peace. Display beautiful pictures of flowers, the sunset, trees, or whatever strikes your fancy. You can also add posters with affirmations.

3. Music - I love music! I sing a lot (alone so no one can hear me)! A good song will perk you up and make you feel like you can do anything. Have your personal playlist readily available at your disposal because you just might need it. You can play your favorite songs before your students arrive or after school. 

4. Movement - Take a slow stroll or brisk walk and get some fresh air. Being out in nature does wonders for your body and mind. I would take walks around the track with my students. They interrupted my quiet time with their conversation, but I enjoyed it.

5. Mindfulness - When you are being mindful, you are focusing on the present moment. Nothing else matters except what is happening in the moment. Your thoughts are not on the papers that need to be graded or emails you need to respond to. You are just quiet and aware. A fun way to start a mindfulness practice is to take a piece of paper and doodle. Just start doodling lines, squiggles, and various shapes. Only focus on your doodles. It's fun! Try it!


What are some ways you stay rejuvenated during school? Please share! Your ideas are appreciated.

                   Look for part 2 tomorrow and information about my Gold and Glitter Giveaway.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment